Amanda is a far cry from a "Bridezilla." She's relaxed and finds our musings about these things entertaining and relatively understandable. However, we do have copious amounts of bridal magazines in our house (which, in my excitement over Chase and Amanda's engagement, I'll admit I contributed to our lot with gladness. I mean, it's absurd to expect a girl to plan a wedding without at least five of these handy manuscripts.) Karma really is, as they say, a "bee-yotch" or, fate has a cruel sense of humor, because one morning I stubbed my toe so hard on a tall pile of those magazines and drew blood. After whispered profanities in the early hours of the morning, trying not to wake my house mates I thought; "Now if that wasn't a metaphor for my life, I don't know what is."
One night Kels and I flipped through a magazine and neither of us could find a single dress we would ever agree to wear. The contents of these magazines are oftentimes; gimcrack, unbelievably gaudy.
Amanda found her dress yesterday!

And no, it doesn't make her look like a cupcake with those paper Asian fans hot glued gun all over the place like the one on the cover of this magazine. Nope, Amanda's classy with a great sense of style and a heart I'm going to miss a whole heap when she move's out this month.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment